CHEESY MATAR PANEER PASTA
Pasta is one thing that kids would love to eat over and over again. You can buy a good pasta at an Italian restaurant but when you cook yourself for your kids it has another feeling. The duo of pasta and paneer makes it phenomenal.This Indian Mom Style pasta will surely have some veggies like carrot , capsicum,onion etc. for her persnickety eaters. The pasta cooked with veggies is then topped with generous serving of mozzarella and then baked to perfection. Finally you have a fabulous casserole bake cheesy pasta that tastes yummm !!
Cuisine : Indo-Italian
Course : Main course
Prep time : 25 min
Cook time : 40 min
Servings : 4
2 Cup pasta
1 big onion
1 Medium green capsicum
1 Small carrot
150 gm paneer
2 Tbsp green peas
1 Tbsp chopped ginger
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
3 Tbsp thick tomato puree
1 Tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp chili flakes
2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
3/4 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8-10 Pickled jalapeno
4 Cups water to boil pasta
2 + 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp salt
1. In a large pot keep water for boiling. When water starts boiling add pasta and salt. Add 1 Tbsp of oil to avoid pasta from sticking to each other. Cook pasta until al dente. When cooked drain, wash with cold water and keep aside.
2. Assemble all the ingredients.
3. In a kadai heat oil and add chopped ginger and garlic and saute for a minute or until raw smell of garlic goes away.
4. Now add all the veggies and cook until tender but still should not loose the crunch. This may take 2 to 3 minutes.
5. At this point add tomato puree and paneer and give a nice stir. I prefer adding store bought tomato puree as it is thicker than fresh homemade tomato puree and gives bright red colour to pasta when added.
6. Saute for around 2 minutes and then add boiled pasta and stir well.
7. Add black pepper powder and chili flakes. Mix thoroughly.
8. Add tomato ketchup and cook for another 2 minutes till all combined evenly. Switch off the flame and empty in oven safe dish.
9. Jazz it up by adding mozzarella cheese, jalapeno and chili flakes and bake it at 200 degree Celsius until cheese melts and has some brown patches.
10. Remove from oven and serve HOT!!!!
PHENOMENAL PANEER PASTA FOR PICKY EATERS