CHINESE VEG FRIED RICE
Make this easiest and yummiest rice tossed with carrots, peas, capsicum, soy sauce and, pepper powder for a quick Indo-Chinese meal. This super simple yet delicious stir fried rice comes together in less than 30-minutes and could certainly be a meal on its own or a great accompaniment with Gobi Manchurian or Veg Manchurian. And believe me this fried rice tastes as good as the best restaurant-style Veg Fried Rice.
As the name suggests it all that the rice is fried , I mean stir-fried with veggies like carrots, capsicum, peas, spring onion in Chinese sauces. If you like cabbage mushroom, broccoli feel free to add it. Make it spicier by adding hot sauce or just add ketchup for sweet and sour taste as I like it to be. I also add a little sugar as my younger son Avi likes that mild sweetness in all his favourite dishes, be it poha, dahi bhalla or raita.
You can check for the recipe of following on my blog
In this recipe , I have used basmati rice however you can use Jasmine rice or Sona Masuri rice. Leftover cooked rice can be used to make this recipe and it gives the best grainy(non-mushy) result. Who doesn't love leftover ka makeover , I love this recipe as it uses leftover rice. If you do not have leftover rice then cook the rice al dente and not mushy. Drain the excess water and spread it on a plate for an hour or so to cool completely. Then follow the instructions below for the recipe.
Some recommendations and suggestions for perfect restaurant-style Chinese Veg Fried Rice
* Use good quality long grain rice
* For the best result use grainy leftover, non-mushy rice
* Stir fry the veggies on high flame so that they do not lose the crunch
* Adding a teaspoon of sugar helps to balance the flavours
* Add lots of ginger and garlic in the ratio 1:2 as it brings a bunch of flavour to the rice.
* If you are starting with freshly cooked rice then give enough time to chill the rice so that it does not clump up as you stir fry it
If you keep the above things in mind, I swear this homemade veg fried rice is going to be your favourite things to eat. It is WAY healthier and cheaper than the take outs and you can ENJOY at the comfort of your home.
Today, we all enjoyed Indo-Chinese Lunch that is Veg Fried Rice and Gobi Manchurian. I will try my best to post the recipe of Gobi Manchurian on my blog at earliest.
Oh look , what a lovable plate !!!
Cuisine : Indo-Chinese
Course : Accompaniment / Sides, Main Course
Prep time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Servings : 3
2 Cups cooked rice
2 Tbsp vegetable/ sesame oil
1 Tsp finely chopped ginger
2 Tsp finely chopped garlic
2 Tbsp chopped spring onion
1/2 Small chopped capsicum
1/4 Cup chopped carrot
1/4 Cup green peas(frozen/fresh)
1/8 Tsp black pepper
2-3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
1 Tbsp white vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil on medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add chopped ginger, chopped garlic. Cook for a minute.
2. Add carrot, pepper and green peas and sauté on high flame for a minute. Veggies should retain their shape and remain crunchy.
3. Add salt, black pepper, and mix.
4. Add the cooked rice, soy sauce and tomato ketchup, sugar, vinegar and give a good mix.
5. Garnish with spring onion and serve veg fried rice with Gobi Manchurian or Veg Manchurian.
The combo of Veg Hakka Noodles with Gobi Manchurian goes well too.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #preetiskitchentales on Instagram! I’d love to see the recreation of my recipe in your kitchen.