INDIAN TRICOLOR COCONUT MAWA LADOO
Get ready for the I-Day !!!
Put on some patriotic songs, wave the tricolor flag " Tiranga " as we call in Hindi and celebrate the 74th Independence Day on 15 August 2020 with tricolor good food.
Every year on 15 August India celebrates freedom from British rule. This day is celebrated with tricolor flag hoisting, parades and cultural events and sweet distribution across the country. It reminds us of the bravery of freedom fighters who gave up their lives for India's freedom. It is a day full of celebration in grand manner. On this day patriotic fervor grips from listening patriotic songs to watching movies, wearing tricolor costumes ; so why to leave food behind ?
Here I bring you the classic , easy to make Tricolor Coconut Mawa Ladoo recipe which is incredibly delicious and perfect sweet treat to celebrate the spirit of patriotism on this Independence Day.
This is only 3 - basic ingredient recipe which requires
Desiccated coconut powder
Isn't it easy ?
The other ingredient elachi(cardamom) powder used for flavoring is totally optional. The beautiful saffron and green food color is added to celebrate the Independence Day. It can be perfectly skipped if you are planning any for other occasion.
I really was very excited to make the ladoo and in fact I had fun in making and eating these. Hope you guys enjoy it as well.
Now, let's see how easy it is to make.
To begin with roast the mawa with a spoonful of ghee for a couple of minutes and keep it aside.
In the same pan with another spoonful of ghee roast the desiccated coconut powder till fragrant and then add condensed milk, elachi powder and roasted mawa and mix all till it comes together.
Let the mixture cool off a little and then divide it into 3 parts. To one part add green food color to another saffron food color and let the third part be with no color.
Shape the mixture into smooth spherical balls and finally roll the ladoo over desiccated coconut powder to give a nice flaky texture.
And here you go for the Independence Day Sweet Treat
Cuisine : Indian
Course : Dessert
Prep time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Serving : 10 in nos.
100 gm /1 Cup mawa
75 gm / 1 Cup Desiccates coconut powder
150 gm / 1/2 Cup Condensed milk
1 Tsp cardamom powder
1 Tsp + 1 Tsp of ghee
1. In a pan add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the mawa on medium low flame for couple of minutes. Turn off the flame and empty it in bowl and keep it aside.
2. In the same pan add another teaspoon of ghee and roast the desiccated coconut powder on low flame till its fragrant but does not changes its color.
3. Once the desiccated coconut powder is well roasted add condensed milk mix well for a minute and switch off the flame.
4. While the mixture is hot add the roasted mawa and cardamom powder , mix all thoroughly till well combined.
5. Cool off the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes and divide it in 3 parts. To 1 part add green food color , to another saffron food color and let the third part remain with no color. Mix well the color in the mixture and shape the mixture in spherical balls.
6. Roll each ladoo over dry desiccated coconut powder to give a nice flaky texture.
7. Let the ladoo cool down to room temperature, store in air tight container at room temperature for a couple of days. Stays good up to a week in refrigerator , if it lasts that long.
INDEPENDENCE DAY SWEET TREAT