KADA PRASAD / ATTA HALWA
Luscious Kada Prasad is made with just 4 ingredients - Wheat Flour, Ghee, Sugar and Water. Roasting wheat flour in ghee gives nice nutty aroma to Kada Prasad. It has rich, smooth, velvety texture. This melt in mouth delicacy is served as prasad in Gurudwaras all over the world.
Cuisine : Indian
Course : Dessert
Prep time :10 min
Cook time : 15 min
Servings : 6
1 Cup wheat flour
1 Cup ghee
1 Cup sugar
3 Cups water
For sugar solution
1.Take 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Add 3 cups of water to it. Keep it on gas top at medium flame. Keep stiring till all sugar dissolves and solution comes to a boil.Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
For roasting atta in ghee
2. Take a heavy bottomed pan or a Kadai. Add 1 cup ghee and keep it on gas top at low flame and let it melt.
3. In melted ghee add 1 cup of wheat flour and give it a nice stir. Fry the flour in ghee at low flame till it changes its colour from light brown to dark golden brown and starts giving out a nice aroma.
4. Add this stage, carefully add hot sugar solution to the fried atta. The mixture will now start bubbling and spluttering.
5. Keep stiring Kada Prasad till it thickens and comes together. It will also start releasing ghee on the sides of the pan.
6. Switch off the flame. Serve hot or warm and ENJOY!!!!
SOULFUL KADA PRASAD