Kairi Panna/ Aam Panna
One of the reasons to welcome summers in India is Mangoes- Raw or Ripe, its revered in both the forms all over the country. Kairi Panna or Aam Panna is the most popular and delicious drink to beat the heat. Not only does it help in easing the heat of summers but also has a lot of health benefits. It keeps the body hydrated, prevents from sun strokes, aids digestion and builds the immune system as it's rich in minerals. It is prepared with the pulp of boiled raw mangoes/ kairi and assortment of aromatics. Mint is also a key ingredient in Panna , it too has a cooling effect on ones body and is great during the summers.
Let's check out the recipe and an easy way to prepare it at home.
Cuisine : Indian
Course : Drinks
Prep time : 30 min
Cook time : 10 min
Servings : 3
3 Raw mangoes
3 Cups water + 2 cups (for boiling raw mangoes)
1 Tsp black salt
1/2 Tsp cumin powder
1/2 Tsp black pepper powder
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Pods of cardamon(peeled and then crushed to powder)
Handful of fresh mint leaves
1. Wash the raw mangoes. In a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water in it ,cook up to 2 whistles.
2. Once the pressure is released open the cooker remove on a plate and cool down the cooked raw mangoes to room temperature and peel them.
3. Extract out the pulp with the help of a spoon or a blunt knife.
4. Put the pulp in mixer along with mint leaves to form a smooth paste.
5. Pass the paste through a strainer to avoid any lumps in the panna.
6. Add cumin powder, salt, black pepper powder, crushed cardamon and sugar and give a nice stir.
7. Transfer in a glass jug and add 3 cups of water. Adjust the salt , sugar as per your taste at this stage. Mix well and its ready to serve.
1. Take around 2 Tbsp of panna in bowl.
2. In a separate plate mix 1/4 Tsp of each cumin powder, black pepper powder, salt , powdered sugar and powdered dry mint leaves.
3. Invert the serving glass and dip the rim in aam panna taken in a bowl , lift up and immediately dip the inverted glass in the plate with mixture of all spices. Make sure the spices stick all around the rim of the serving glass. Lift it up, hold in inverted position for a minute till it dries up a little and the glass is ready.
4. Put some ice cubes in the prepared serving glass and pour aam panna ,garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
REFRESHING SUMMER COOLANT.........