M & M COOKIES
Soft, chewy, colourful M&M Cookies are perfect treats to all. These cookies are insanely GOOD !!!
What makes these cookies SO GOOD, SO CHEWY, SO SOFT ?
These cookies have the basic ingredients like flour, butter , sugar and egg but what makes them so gooey is the brown sugar and a little of cornflour. This makes a whole lot of difference in the texture of the cookies.
Next, chilling of the dough is mandatory to get thick and chewy cookies. If you do not chill the dough you land up having puddle of cookies. Most of the recipes recommend to chill the dough for 2 to 3 hours but I prefer to chill it overnight. This gives really thick and chewy cookies.
Once I prepared a large amount of cookie dough. I baked four batches and one last was remaining but I was so tired that I wrapped the last batch of dough in cling film and kept in refrigerator. Next day I took out the dough and scooped it on the baking tray and then right into the preheated oven. This overnight chilled dough cookies were amazingly thick , soft and chewy. Since then whenever I bake the cookies I prepare the dough a day before.
Homemade cookies are the best cookies as you know what ingredients are going in and it is free of preservatives. Enjoy as dessert or in your breakfast with milk, coffee or tea. I always prefer it with my evening tea. Kids love to have it as dessert. My both boys just warm up the cookies in microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and drizzle some chocolate syrup and enjoy these soft , warm cookies while watching their favorite shows.
The best part is that you do not need electric whisk or mixer to make the dough. I just used a metallic spoon to stir up the ingredients for a couple of minutes after each step.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s satisfy those cookie cravings, try these, you’ll reach for this recipe again and again. HAPPY BAKING !!!
Look at the Smiley Cookie, I got to notice while clicking the picture.
Cuisine : American
Course : Dessert / Cookies
Prep time : 30 min
Baking time : 10 -12 min
Serving : 20 Cookies
1 and 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
2 Tsp cornflour
1 Stick butter (1 Stick =100 gm)
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup fine white sugar
1 Tsp vanilla essence
1/4 Tsp salt
100 gm + 50 gm M&M candies
2 Tsp maple syrup
1/2 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp baking powder
1. In a deep bowl, take melted butter and add brown and white sugar. Stir till it becomes smooth.
2. Add egg, vanilla essence , maple syrup and stir again until smooth.
3.Now add baking soda, baking powder, salt and cornflour and mix all thoroughly.
4. Add all purpose flour and combine all to get a sticky dough.
5. Add M&M candies, mix well so that candies are evenly distributed through out the dough.
5. Cover and chill the dough overnight preferably.
6. Grease the baking tray with butter and scoop out the dough onto it with plenty of space for them to spread. Put some extra candies on the top of each scoop.
7. Bake it at 165 degree Celsius for 12-14 min or until the edges of the cookies turn light brown.
8. Take out the baking tray and let cookie rest for another couple of minutes before shifting them on wire rack to cool completely.
Tastes best for 1 or 2 days however you can store it it air tight container at room temperature or keep the container in refrigerator and enjoy it up to a week.
Microwave the refrigerated cookies for 10 to 12 seconds before serving and you can enjoy nice warm cookies.
IT'S COOKIE TIME.......