MIXED BERRY CHEESECAKE (NO BAKE )
This mixed berry cheesecake is the easiest and the yummiest cheesecake, I have ever made. It is quick to make and has a dreamy creamy texture topped with sweet and sour mixed berry compote driving you crazy with the very first bite. This classic super easy recipe does not requires any fancy ingredients. All the ingredients can be easily found in any super market. The buttery crust can be made with cookies of your choice like Digestive/ Marie / Graham cracker. For the rich and fluffy cheese filling, cream the cheese until light and no lumps. Add condensed milk for sweetness and lemon juice for tangy flavour. The mixed berry topping not only adds sweet and tangy taste but also is a bliss for eyes. This dessert is perfect for all your special occasions.
Cuisine : American
Course : Dessert
Prep time : 45 min
Setting time : 8 hours ( preferably overnight )
Serving : 8
200 gm Marie/ Digestive biscuit
100 gm Unsalted butter ( melted )
For cheese filling
150 gm Cream cheese
300 gm Condensed milk
250 gm Thick cream
1 of 10 gm Sachet gelatin
1/2 Cup water
Juice of 3 small lemons
For mixed berry compote
200 gm mixed berry ( i used strawberry n blueberry, 2: 1, can be frozen or fresh )
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 Cup water
To make crust
1. Take biscuit in a blender or food processor and pulse them to uniform crumbs.
2. Add melted butter to it and pulse again so that mixture becomes like a moist sand.
3. Take 23 cm spring form tin, grease it with melted butter.
4. Press crumbs firmly into the bottom of the pan. You can use a spatula to tamp down
the crumbs to form a neat and firm crust.
5. Refrigerate it for around 30 minutes until firm.
To make filling
6. In a small bowl soak the gelatin in hot water, stir till it is completely dissolved.
7. With help of electric mixer whip the heavy cream to form stiff peaks.
8. In a separate glass bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
9. To the beaten cream cheese add condensed milk, juice of lemons,dissolved gelatin solution and beat again till all is well combined.
10. Now gently fold the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and mix all till whole batter is smooth.
11. Pour this mixture evenly over the prepared biscuit crust.
12. Set in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
To make berry compote
13. In a sauce pan combine berries , sugar in water.
14. Boil till sugar melts and compote thickens. This will take around 10 min.
15. Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
16. After the cheesecake has set in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours or until set, take it out and spread this cool compote evenly forming the top layer of the cheesecake.
17. Again set in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours , preferably overnight.
18. Take out the spring form tin from refrigerator in which the cheesecake is set and keep it on cake serving stand .With a knife loosen the sides of cheesecake.
19. Release the spring and lift up the tin case.
20. Slice it and serve.
THE SHOWSTOPPER CHEESECAKE