GLAZED ORANGE CAKE AND MUFFINS
Moist and fluffy fresh orange cake with a firm crumb and tangy orange flavour is perfect tea/ coffee time cake. It is easy to make from scratch and turns out absolutely delicious. The fresh orange juice and zest gives cake the citrus taste and vanilla balances the citrus punch. The cake is perfected with a generous drizzle of orange glaze and jazzed up with strands of candied orange peel and desiccated coconut.
Cuisine : American
Course : Dessert
Prep time : 20 min
Cook time : 35 min
Servings : 12 -15
1 1/2 Cup sugar powdered
3 Cup all purpose flour
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
1 Cup fresh orange juice
1 Tsp vanilla essence
Zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease the baking tin with oil / butter and then dust it with all purpose flour.
2. Rub the orange along the side of the grater to make orange zest, do not include the yellowish layer as it tastes bitter.
3. After making zest , cut the orange into halves and juice it.
4. Mix the zest in orange juice and keep aside
5. In a bowl , sift all purpose flour and baking powder and keep aside.
6. In a separate bowl beat eggs till light and fluffy.
7. Add sugar to beaten eggs and beat till colour becomes light
8. To the egg and sugar mixture add vanilla essence and oil and mix till all is well combined.
9. Alternatively add flour to which baking powder was added and orange juice with zest in parts ending with flour mixture.
10. Pour in baking tin and bake for 30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean or divide the batter among the muffin cups evenly and bake for 20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
11. Cool it completely.
12. Poke the cake / muffins with a wooden skewer and drizzle the glaze all over and along the sides of the baking tin.
13. Let the cake/ muffins absorb the glaze, it will take around 10 minutes.
14. Demould the cake / muffins carefully as its moist , garnish with desiccated coconut and strands of candied orange peel.
GET OBSESSED WITH