SCHEZWAN STIR FRY MINI IDLI
Schezwan stir fry mini idli is a fusion dish in which South Indian traditional Idli is flavoured with spicy Chinese Schezwan Sauce. The combo gives a perfect twin taste to your taste buds. This makes it a good choice for breakfast or an evening tea time snack.Kids love this new avatar of saucy, spicy idli. Its a super hit tiffin box recipe which can be made in no time if you have some leftover idli to grab on. The addition of veggies make it healthy too. Try it out and enjoy this filling, tasty and healthy recipe.
Cuisine : Indian-Chinese
Course : Snack/Appetizer
Prep time : 10 min
Cook time : 15 min
Serving : 5
50-60 mini idli
1 Big onion finely chopped
1 Big capsicum finely chopped
1 Tbsp ginger finely chopped
1 Tbsp garlic finely chopped
1 Tsp sugar
2 Tsp vinegar
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 Tbsp of water
For saucy base
3 Tbsp schezwan sauce
6 Tbsp tomato ketchup
2 Tbsp soy sauce
4 Tbsp of water
1 Tsp chili flakes
1 Tsp greens of spring onion
1. In a glass bowl mix all the ingredients for the saucy base and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a sauce pan and add finely chopped garlic and saute it for a minute or until the raw smell of garlic fades away.
3. Once the garlic turns slightly brown add finely chopped ginger and saute for another minute.
4. Now add finely chopped onion a saute until onion becomes translucent and little tender.
5. Once onion is well saute add finely chopped capsicum and give a nice stir till all is well combined . Saute for 1 more minute.
6. Now add the saucy base prepared and kept aside and mix it thoroughly.
7. Add water too adjust the consistency of the saucy base.
8. Add sugar for sweetness and to balance the heat of spicy sauce.
9. Finally drop in the idli and toss well on low flame to combine all.
10. Add vinegar and switch off the flame.