SPICED APPLE CUPCAKES WITH BUTTERCREAM CINNAMON FROSTING
It is the time of the year that brings low temperature, chilling breeze and we tend to crave food and beverage with warm spices like cinnamon, clove, nutmeg.
These winter spices warm up our bodies and increase the metabolism rate making us feel cozier on cold days.
Incredibly moist and decadent Spiced Apple Cupcake with Buttercream Cinnamon Frosting on top is dangerously GOOD !!!!!!!!
These cupcakes are perfectly flavored with apple, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and the freshly whipped cinnamon buttercream frosting makes them an ultimate winter dessert that cheers up your day.
What goes in this recipe?
Apple - The most important ingredient of this recipe is the apple. There is a variety of apple that goes well in these cupcakes like Honeycrisp, Gala, Granny Smith, etc. Just grab whichever is easily available to you.
All-purpose flour- Flour provides structure to the baking goods and all-purpose flour is well all-round flour used in cake, muffin, and bread. However, you can replace it with whole wheat flour for denser cupcakes.
Winter spices- Winter spices are also known as thermogenic spices like cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger are perfect to flavor these cupcakes.
Milk + Vinger- Helps to tenderize gluten and make cupcakes softer.
Other ingredients- Other ingredients that go in these cupcakes are egg, sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, salt.
Delicious buttercream frosting- The swirls of the frosting that sit on the cupcake makes it mouthwatering.
The secrets to make amazing buttercream is to whip the butter for several minutes until it becomes almost white. Then add in other ingredients and whip them together until fluffy and light. Adjust the consistency by increasing or decreasing the amount of cream. You can make the frosting a day before and refrigerate to use it the next day.
These cupcakes stay good for 2 to 3 days at room temperature and up to a week in the refrigerator without frosting.
In case you need a reason why will you love this recipe?
filled with fruits
flavored with warm winter spices
topped with cinnamon frosting
Aromatic, moist, delicious
perfect for breakfast
ultimate winter dessert
The unfrosted cupcakes perfectly pair with coffee or tea in the morning as well as in the evening.
Also it makes a great grab and go snack for kids in the evening.
The frosted cupcakes are your winter desserts.
You can also serve the warm cupcakes with a dollop of vanilla icecream.
Cuisine : American
Course : Dessert/Breakfast/Snack
Prep time : 30 minutes
Baking time : 25 minutes
Servings : 9 in no.
1 1/4 All-purpose flour
1 1/4 Tsp baking powder
1/4 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp nutmeg powder
1 Tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 Tsp ginger powder
1/8 Tsp clove powder
85 Grams butter at room temperature
1/2 Cup fine white sugar
1/4 Cup brown sugar
2 Large eggs at room temperature
1Tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Cup milk
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Apple peeled and grated
For buttercream cinnamon frosting
1/2 Cup unsalted butter at room temperature
2 Tsp cinnamon powder
2 Tbsp thick cream
2 cups icing sugar
1 Tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line muffin tray with cupcake liners and set aside.
2. Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder ginger powder, clove powder in a large bowl and keep it aside.
3. Add white vinegar to milk, stir well, and keep it aside.
4. With the help of a hand mixer, cream together butter with white sugar and brown sugar till smooth and fluffy.
5. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs and beat till well combined.
6. Now fold in the flour mixed with all spices in parts alternating with prepared milk and vinegar mix. Start with flour and end with flour. For this divide the flour mix into 3 parts and milk-vinegar mix into 2 parts.
7. Mix with the help of spatula till all is well combined then add freshly grated apple. Lightly mix with the help of a spatula but remember not to over mix.
8. Transfer batter to the prepared muffin tray till cupcake liners are 3/4 full.
9. Bake the cupcakes at 180 degrees Celcius for 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Transfer the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool completely.
11. While the cupcakes cool down prepare the frosting by mixing butter, sugar, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder with the help of a hand mixer. Beat the mixture till light and fluffy. The cinnamon buttercream frosting is ready.
12. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the frosting and enjoy !!!
Get ready to impress your family and friends with this Spiced Apple Cupcakes recipe.
If you have tried this recipe do let me know in the comments, how it came out. I would love to hear from you.
Some more cupcake recipe you will love