SPICED CARROT CAKE
If you are looking for a easy and simple recipe for a delicious spiced carrot cake to relish with a cup of morning /evening coffee, this is a perfect match !! This recipe gives you a super moist and tender cake with the warmth of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. I have made it and loved it time and time again and you will love it too.
Do not worry to how to store it upto a week as it won't last that long, it tastes that amazing.
Cuisine : American
Course : Dessert / Cakes
Prep time : 30 min
Cook time : 40 min
Servings : 12 -15
1 1/2 Cup sugar powdered
2 Cup all purpose flour
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
2 Cup shredded carrot
2 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp baking soda
2 Tsp cinnamon powder
1 Tsp nutmeg powder
1/4 Tsp clove powder
1/2 Tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and grease the baking tin with oil / butter and then dust it with all purpose flour.
2. In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients except powdered sugar i.e. all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, clove powder and keep aside.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs with the help of hand held mixer till light n fluffy and then add powdered sugar and beat till pale yellow in colour.
4. Pour in oil to egg and sugar mixture and mix well till all combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined, do not over mix.
6. Add shredded carrot to above batter mix with a spatula until just combined. again do not over mix.
7. Pour the cake batter in the prepared baking tin and bake at 180 degree celsius for 40 minutes or until the top is firm and brown in colour and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out neat.
8. Take out from oven, let it cool completely before demoulding.
9. With a sharp knife slice to desired pieces and serve. ENJOY!!!