VEG HAKKA NOODLES
Veg Hakka Noodles is a popular Indo-Chinese delicacy from high end fancy restaurants to roadside stalls all over the world. It is prepared by tossing boiled noodles with thin julienne of vegetables with a touch of Chinese sauces. Capsicum, cabbage, carrots and onion are commonly used in the preparation of the noodles. Hot sauce or red sauce, soy sauce and tomato ketchup the star ingredients of this recipe give the perfect sweet and spicy taste for which it is loved the most.
It is quick and easy to make hence perfect for weekday meal that is much loved not only by kids but grown ups too. It can be made for breakfast or makes a great lunch or dinner when served with Veg Manchurian or Paneer Manchurian.
TIPS FOR PERFECT TASTE AND TEXTURE !!
Do not over cook the noodles and pour cold water after boiling to remove the excess starch. This helps in preventing the noodles from sticking and over cooking.
Toss the veggies on high flame so that they remain crunchy.
Show up all your chopping skills and chop the veggies to get perfect restaurant style texture.
HAPPY COOKING !!!
Cuisine : Indo -Chinese
Course : Snacks/Appetizer
Prep time : 40 min
Cook time : 15 min
Serving : 4
4 Nests of noodles/1 packet of long, straight noodles
1 Big Carrot
1 Big capsicum
15-20 French beans
2 Medium onions
1 Cup cabbage shredded
1 Tbsp garlic chopped
1 Tbsp ginger chopped
3 Tbsp tomato ketchup
4 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp hot sauce
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tsp + 1/2 Tsp of salt
1 Tsp sugar
Greens of spring onion to garnish
1 Tbsp +1 Tbsp +1 Tbsp of vegetable oil
1. Combine tomato ketchup, soy sauce, hot sauce, white vinegar in a glass bowl and keep aside.
2. Chop and slice all the veggies to thin julienne, grate ginger and garlic and keep it ready.
3. Take 4 nests of noodles or take 1 packet of long, straight noodles. You can take any type of noodles that are easily available in your near by super market.
4. Take a big vessel and bring water to boil add 1 Tbsp of oil and 1 Tsp of salt and add noddles to it. Cook till noodles are soft but not mushy. Keep stirring it in between to avoid sticking of noodles at the bottom of the vessel.
5. Drain the noodles and wash under running water to remove excess starch and stop the process of cooking.
6. Drizzle a tablespoon of oil and toss well to prevent noodles from sticking. Set it aside.
7. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in deep kadhai or a wok and add chopped ginger-garlic to it and saute till it changes the colour to light brown and starts giving out nice aroma.
8. Stir in all the sliced and shredded vegetables to the sauted ginger-garlic and saute veggies on high flame for around 2 minutes. The vegetables should remain crunchy.
9. Set all vegetables on the sides of the kadhai/wok and make space at the center to add the mixture of all sauces.
10. Give a nice stir to well combine the veggies with the sauces. Add 1/2 Tsp of salt and 1 Tbsp sugar to it and again mix it well.
11. Stir in boiled noodles and give it a good toss to well combine noodles with veggies and sauces and it is ready to serve.
12. Garnish with greens of spring onion and serve hot as such or with veg / paneer manchurian or chili paneer and ENJOY !!!
BLISSFUL BOWL OF COMFORT.......